Torsion bars and suspension are workable and move up and down. And of course is more demanding to build. Since I am not doing anything fancy and just need the road wheels to lie flat, I thought I would bypass this step but I would have had to guess at the suspension angle for each swing arm. That proved difficult, so I had to bit the bullet and build it per the instructions. Not sure how this will play out when I set the tracks up. I am may have to glue everything in place for good. Will have to see...
November 19, 2005
Suspension
Torsion bars and suspension are workable and move up and down. And of course is more demanding to build. Since I am not doing anything fancy and just need the road wheels to lie flat, I thought I would bypass this step but I would have had to guess at the suspension angle for each swing arm. That proved difficult, so I had to bit the bullet and build it per the instructions. Not sure how this will play out when I set the tracks up. I am may have to glue everything in place for good. Will have to see...