After a week or so the oil has dried pretty well. With a mix of red, red brown and black acrylic I go over seams and shade in the fenders with this dark paint. This is where disentegration of the primer has occured and we are down to bare rusting metal.In addition fine chips and scuffs have been painted on every surface except the road wheels. More scuffs and chips on the obvious places: top deck, rear deck, around hatches etc.
I also painted back over the turret numbers (for a second time!) and placed #2 decals over a gloss Future Floor Wax base. The hand drawn numbers were just too crude for me. Lesson learned.
After the acrylic dries, I will spray the entire model with Future Floor Wax. I am doing this because at the end I want to hit it with enamel Dullcote to dull the oil paints down and in addition I am going to do a very special "filter wash" with turpentine and oils to homogenize/harmonize the entire tank. For both of these, I need to preserve the decals and paint work done uptil now and the acrylic sealer will help do that.
Stay tuned...